1. Tell me a little bit about your background.
I was born and raised here in Miami. I went to Palmetto High School, and for college I went to mostly UF in the beginning and then ended up in New York City, where I graduated from Parson's School of Design. I then lived in NY for about 5 years in total, and almost five years ago in January I moved back to Miami. I now live in South Miami, with my fiance Sean and our two doggies, Lola and Biggie Smalls.
2. Who inspires your wardrobe?
Jacqueline Kennedy,Axl Rose, and Kate Moss... I know that is all super random, but I kind of just keep it classic, but I funk it up a bit with a rock n roll edge... I always dress comfortably since my day always ends up having some aspect of manual labor or I walk a million miles. Plus Miami is such an amazing place since it is nice all year round, and we are in the tropics, so there is no need for a heavy or somber wardrobe.
3. How would you describe your personal interior design style?
I am like to say I am elegantly bohemian, but honestly I love all styles from supper traditional to ultra modern. I feel that it is my job as an Interior Designer to help my clients achieve their design aspirations thru my knowledge of decorative history and the trends that are really of the moment.
4. What is your favorite part about shopping at Mina Miami Beach?
I love the feeling that I am in a boutique that is filled with all essential go-to pieces of clothing. I honestly have so many life saving, staples in my wardrobe now since Mina opened. I also love that every time I wear something from Mina, I am bound to get compliments... I mean what girl doesn't love that!!!
5. What does someone starting as an interior designer career need to know?
That you are going to have to really maintain budgets and really accurate records. I never realized how much "business" there actually is in my business. I thought it was all colors and textures... it is that, but it is also a lot of meticulous record keeping.
6. What do you like most about an interior designer career?
Shopping!!! I actually get paid to shop. I also love the feeling that my clients get when they love their homes again, or that their office looks like they always wanted.
7. Do you think that being an interior designer can be seen in your fashion sense?
I think so. I once had a client tell me that she felt that I was the perfect designer for her since she loved the way I dressed. I thought that was such an amazing compliment.
8. What is your favorite item in your closet right now?
Well I am wearing my YSL Tributes all the time since they are the sexiest and most comfortable shoe, and I can't get enough of leopard print.
9. You are a bride to be! How did you go about chossing the dresses for bridemaids and picking you own wedding dress?
It was really important for me to look original yet classic, so my dress is being custom made. I can't tell you too much because I still need to surprise my fiance, but let's just say it is going to be supper sexy and supper classic. It was also really important to me to have my bridesmaids look like they are wearing dresses that you find in a boutique, not at a bridal store so I am having my dress maker copy a dress that my girlfriend once wore to an event where she looked amazing!
10. Starting your own company, planning a wedding and working as an interior designer must get a little difficult to handle. How do you unwind?
Laughter... I laugh with my fiance, my friends, my family, man I even laugh at my own self sometimes :)
11. If you could give a little advice to young ladies today that want to follow in your footsteps what would it be.
Make sure you intern or work for a few people before you go off on your own. You will learn so many valuable things about our business, about handling clients, and how to put out fires all the while smiling.
12. What is your prized possession?
My books...I find so much inspiration in books, and they look so beautiful on shelves and on coffee tables.
13. Leave us with your favorite quote.
It is not happy people that are thankful, it is thankful people that are happy.
Visit Annie's website: http://anniegoldmaninteriors.com/
Follow Annie on Twitter: @AnnieGStyle
Email Annie: email@example.com