Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October's Mina Maven Tiana Martinez

Mina was so excited with all the nominees for this month's Mina Maven contest. Each of them was beautiful, smart and talented in her own way. We couldn't be more excited with this month's chosen Maven, Tiana Martinez. This 15 year old Miami Native focuses mostly on dancing and school. Her effortless beauty and confidence is transparent. She instantly becomes best friends with everyone in the room. It's no wonder she brought in over 600 votes. Below enjoy her photos taken by the boys over at Digital Twist Photography and a little insight into Tiana's day to day.

1. Describe a typical school day in your life.
My mornings start at 6:30am at my schools pavilion with most of my friends. We all gather to talk, laugh and copy what ever homework we did not do the night before. lol  Once the bell rings at 7:00am the fooling around stops & work begins... As an IB Student a lot of work is expected but my teachers are all pretty cool and make our days worth while. 

2. Where do you like to hang out?
Usually with my friends at each others houses or at parties.

3. What activities are you involved in inside and outside of school? Sports? Hobbies? Socializing?
I'm in a dance team called "Gablettes" which is a prestigious performance group of the high school I'm in. We've won Nationals twice and this year we're planning on keeping the title. :D

4. Whats your favorite TV show or Movie?
My favorite movies are Death Race & Step Up.  DEATH RACE because not only is my sister in it but i love the action and STEP UP because its all about dance.

5. What are your plans after high school? Job?  College?
Once I graduate from High School I'm going away to college.  I'm hoping to be accepted in one of the two colleges of my dreams, PRINCETON or UCLA.


6. Describe your favorite outfit?
I dont have any preferences, depends on the location and event.

 7. Whats your favorite subject in school?
I love Biology & Chemistry. Luckily they come easily so I hardly have to study for them. (: 

8. High School isnt easy, what advice would you give to young girls that deal with bullies in school?
Always keep your head up high, don't let their insecurites become yours and last but not least, don't be afraid of speaking up and defending yourself !!


9. What is your proudest accomplishment?
When I started High School being the only Freshmen that made it to my dance team "Gablettes & Co."

10. If you could donate a million dollars to any charity what would it be and why?
St.Jude because all of those children suffering from cancer ... my heart & prayers go out to all of them and their families. ♥

 11. How long have you been dancing? Whats your favorite type of dance to perform?
I've been dancing Ballet since I was 3 yrs old till 13 which is when I stopped after being in points.
During all those years I also danced Tap, Flamenco, Jazz, & my favorite Hip Hop. Now as a Gablette I'm also dancing Lyrical along with other types of dances such as modern and kick.

12. Does beauty just run in the family?
My family is not big at all, its just a few of us. However, we're all beautiful in our own special way.


13. What is your favorite part about shopping at Mina Miami Beach?
The staff is extremely loving & helpful. I always find what I'm looking for.


 14. Got any dating advice for teenage girls?
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so you can learn to appreciate them when they are right. You believe lies so that you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so that better things may fall together. So, don't cry for a guy who has left you, be happy because the next one may fall for your smile. (;


15.  What general advice would you give young girls today?
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!! 
Live the life you've always imagined ...

"kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly! ♥"

8 comments:

  1. She looks so beautiful! Great Job Tiana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Tiana! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her look. Great shoot>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the pics! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats last picture is incredible. Do all maven's get a photoshoot from Digital Twist?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Gablettes & Co. have won 3 national championships in a row, not 2 ;)
    get it straight "my little freshman" <3

    ReplyDelete